You are here
Onsite CS Engineer
- Boutique Consulting Firm!!
- Good work life-balance and international environment!
About Our Client
Our client started originally as a consulting firm building contact centers (customer service centres) and trading floors for the world's largest financial firms. As we are committed to every technology we support, the consulting turned into technical engineering, support, and development.
* Consult partners on systems configuration, security, migrations, and operations issues
* Serve as an escalation support resource for IT and network-related problems as needed
* Alert management of potential critical situations. Monitor critical client problems to resolution
* Interface with the partner international management or representatives to provide regular updates and reporting on issue resolution
* Assist with troubleshooting and upgrades to the office infrastructure
* Involvement with IT infrastructure projects, consulting when required for the Project
The Successful Applicant
* Minimal 3 years experience in a large IT department or IT services provider environment, preferably supporting companies in Japanese and some English
* Experience with installing, maintaining, and supporting office IT infrastructure - PCs, Servers, LAN,
smartphones, Routers/Switches/Hubs, etc.
* Communication - Communicate IT problems and solutions effectively to end users and management. Summarize activities and results effectively. Document IT environments consistently and clearly.
* TRIBE Engineering is built on teamwork and working well with other professionals. TSE will need to assume team leadership responsibility as necessary to delivery partner best technology advice and know-how
Business level or higher spoken and written Japanese required. English fluency a plus.
* Windows 7
* Windows Server 2008, 2012 (AD, Exchange, IIS)
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
* TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, WAN, VPN
* Switches, routers, WiFi - Basic
* Linux (any distribution)
* Mac OS X and iOS devices
* Zimbra email server
* IP telephony system (any brand)
* Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc.)
What's on Offer
* Permanent employee
* Regular working schedule: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm (1 hour lunch break) - overtime upon discretionary scheme
* Holidays: Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays
* Benefits: Social Insurance, transportation