You are here
MD Strategy and Planning Director - New Position
- MD Planning, large sku
- Sports apparel and footwear
About Our Client
Our client is a popular apparel and footwear business headquartered in the US.
They have a significant presence in Japan with wide range of products.
The person is responsible for creating merchandising strategy and analysis for all product categories. Key responsibilities are:
1. Actual Order and Sell through Analysis
2. Create and manage product assortment to optimize business result
3. Strategic thinking and SWOT analysis
4. Allocation - Customer Range Segmentation
5. Product effective local market feedback to global counterparts
6. Work closely with global headquarters to ensure best practice and effective implementation of strategies.
The Successful Applicant
5 to 20 years of relevant merchandising planning experience.
Understand the retail environment including distribution points, share of buy competitor ranges and pricing strategies.
Business proficient in both English and Japanese language, written and spoken
Strong analytical skills, able to handle large data and product skus.
Experience in working with a large internal team with multiple stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Salary 9M-13M with additional pension and bonus
Newly created position in a top tier consumer retail business
Casual working environment
Office located in downtown Tokyo