You are here
Manager of Technical Support
- Leading Virtuatlization company
- Excellent Work/life balance
About Our Client
Our client is an American multinational software company founded in 1989 that provides server, application and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies.
* Tracks, monitors and regularly recommend changes on department operations. Frequently handles critical situations and drives path to issue resolution. Is responsible for delivery of superior-level service to end-user customers, and acts as point-of-contact for escalated issues between support teams, customers and other company's department (sales, Engineering, etc.).
* Interacts comfortably and efficiently with internal mid-level and senior management. Keeps senior management informed of potential customer problems; when necessary, escalates customer problems to senior management in other departments/teams for assistance in resolving the problem and/or dealing with the customer.
* Monitor and review workloads to ensure support reps are following the expected Service level goals. Recommend actions to achieve, maintain and improve targeted team statistics along with other established goals. Understand fully Customer Sat indicators and contribute to Customer Sat Innovation.
* Participates in and supports a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, excited and enthusiastic working for the company
* Supervises individual contributors in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Conducts interviews, hires new individual contributors, and provides employee orientation/assimilation training
* Manages the development of direct reports by assigning, where possible, project tasks that are in line with each employee's career interests
* Identifies and fulfills formal and informal training needs to meet the skills and experience requirements of the team and supports business goals
* Works with employees to create performance and development goals that align with the department goals and conducts employee performance reviews
The Successful Applicant
* Exemplary communications skills both written and verbal. Strong experience implementing team processes and monitoring effectiveness.
* Excellent knowledge of Support processes and terminology. Excellent knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis, performance management, and interviewing skills.
* Project management skills leveraged for department initiatives.
* Exhibits empathy and consideration for all ideas and suggestions provided by peers and subordinates alike, and provides opportunities for open discussion and evaluation of those ideas.
* Proven track of successful resolutions of critical and sensitive issues by driving appropriate actions across departments. Ability to effectively present tailored materials to executive level management and effectively present complex technical material that is tailored to the target audience at large venues.
* Regularly participates in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and customer service delivery.
* Experience in recruiting, developing, and managing a high performance software development team
* Minimum 5 years of Mid-level management experience in a technical support environment, with advanced customer interaction skills. Or at least over 3+ years of experience in a Technical Support Management role.
* Experience in dealing with multi-cultural environments and global issues
What's on Offer
Salary: 12-15M OTE
Excellent work/life balance