You are here
Linux Operations Engineer
- Linux Engineering
- Systems administration
About Our Client
Our client's working culture is a mix of working hard, having fun and trying to do the impossible. They have a flat organization structure and welcome the opinions and insights from people all levels. In terms of remuneration they offer a competitive salary, chill-out rooms, full benefits and company stock.
Our client is seeking a talented Linux operations engineer to be part of a global team running one of the Internet's largest search infrastructures. The Linux Operations Engineer is responsible for all operational aspects of the search service and will actively lead efforts to improve the availability, performance and customer experience. You will support a diverse array of systems from indexing through to serving customer queries.
The Successful Applicant
· At least 3 years of recent systems administration experience in a large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment, preferably as a senior member of the team
· At least 3 years of scripting and development skills in bash, perl, python, etc.
· Ability to architect high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions
· Experience with capacity planning and performance measurement tools and reporting
· Experience in the development and roll-out of technical operations processes
· Experience in designing and implementing solutions for a large installed base of servers
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Fluency in English
What's on Offer
-Annual salary of up to 11M JPY, depending on skill and experience
-Excellent company benefits