You are here
- Report to Asia Head of HR
- Lead all HR services for Japan
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known organisations headquartered in Europe. With long history and producing innovative and eye-opening products, they are perhaps the most respected, admired and sought after brand in the world. With a small operation in Japan, they require an individual contributing HR Manager to join their business to handle all areas of HR while receiving support from Singapore's COE function.
Reporting to the APAC HR Manager, the HR Manager will undertake the following activities:
- Support the business on all HR operational matters at the local level.
- Providing effective HR support to business managers and employees.
- Partnering with line managers and employees to resolve potential problems.
- Manages payroll and works closely with Finance to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on a timely basis every month. Hence, need to be proficient with local payroll related and social insurance legislation.
- Manage relationship with local government authorities where required.
- Responsible for local deployment of company HR processes such as Performance Management, Reward Review, Role grading, Salary policy, Engagement Surveys, Diversity & Inclusion plans
The Successful Applicant
* Broad knowledge of the HR best practice across Employee Relations, Reward (including payroll), Performance management, Resourcing, and Development.
* Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills.
* Excellent communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory skills
* Able to add value as both an individual contributor and active team member to not only the local but regional team within and outside of HR
* Should be fluent in English and Japanese. Able to communicate with employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
What's on Offer
Although an individual contributor role in Japan, this role will be part of the wider APAC HR community of this organisation. You will be the "eyes and ears" for Japan and propose changes in HR policies that bring positivity to the business. You will also have the chance to participate in APAC wide HR projects and often get to lead these projects.