You are here
Financial Controller, Analyst / Associate
- Global Investment Bank looking for Financial Controller
- Interest to work in the Financial Control Department in the financial industry?
About Our Client
Our client is a leading finance services group in Asia with a worldwide reach. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in London, New York and Hong Kong the company is able to make a difference for clients across the world.
Financial controllers play an important role of preparing and disclosing accurate and appropriate financial statements for all stakeholders including shareholders, lenders, rating agencies and board members. As the role is closely linked to the company's corporate value, the job responsibilities are viewed as having significant importance for the running of the business. They perform a wide range of duties including the rules and systems of the company's financial accounting, preparation and publishing the financial statements for both JGAAP and USGAAP. Various opportunities to further develop English not only internally but also by working together with overseas subsidiaries.
The daily activities include:
● Preparing stand-alone monthly financial statements (JGAAP, USGAAP)
● Preparing various regulatory reporting (Quarterly earnings, Annual Securities Report, JFSA reporting）
● Providing financial analyses for management and various committees
● Coordinating changes to regulatory requirements relating to financial accounting
● Analyzing accounting issues for new products
● Interacting with external/internal audit on finance matters.
● Working on special assignments related to financial accounting
● Maintaining and assisting in the improvement of the financial accounting system
The Successful Applicant
● Interest to work in the Financial Control Department in the financial industry
● Strong communication skills and logical thinking
● Proficient in Excel/Word skills
● Native level Japanese speaker
● Basic English skills in reading and writing. Willing to pro-actively communicate in English
● High degree of understanding of Accounting and Financial Industry. Qualifications in CPA, CFA, CMA would be a plus
● Effective presentation skills would be a plus
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Build and cultivate new relationships in Finance