You are here
- Global commercial real estate company looking to hire Finance Director
- Responsible for finance operations in Japan and Korea
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's largest commercial real estate companies in the world. The company offers an entrepreneurial environment that is dedicated to helping you set the pace in a rapidly changing marketplace. They have a culture that encourages and rewards creativity and innovation and place a high value on ethics and set standards for excellence in service. The structure in Japan ensures on-the-ground experience and a global service capability unequalled in the industry. With an extensive presence in 9 offices throughout the country, their team of over 1,000 professionals focuses on the alignment of their client's overall business objectives with their real estate requirements.
Responsible for leading and managing the finance operations in the workplace solutions business in Japan and Korea.
- Manage all aspects of Corp Finance reporting, ensuring accuracy and correct accounting treatment in collaboration with country finance.
- Manage the financial planning (including forecasting and budget) and reporting requirements (monthly and ad hoc) within specified timeframes
- Provide clear direction and strategic financial advice related to all team matters to the business and to local country and finance
- Review, implement and manage financial controls for the business and propose improvements to key stakeholders (finance and business leaders).
- Ensure that financial results are accurate, robust and detailed down to client level to enable performance to be measured an improved.
- Drive turnaround of under-performing accounts in partnership with business leaders.
- Play an active role in pricing and constructing Facilities Management Contracts, with an aim of maximising shareholder returns. Support of commercial structure in other business lines will also be required.
- Actively pursue integration of businesses and the integration with the Japan finance team.
- Support business leaders in identifying and converting M&A opportunities.
- Lead & develop the finance team - including identifying a potential successor.
- Other Ad-hoc tasks as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Preferably professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 10 years post qualified experience, ideally within a big 4 firm.
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience, including budgets, forecasts, monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Commercial experience with a track record of improving and delivering robust, accurate financial information, and adding value to a business
- Positive, ambitious, commercially minded, with a results focused attitude.
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation and having the flexibility to adapt to a constantly identify changing and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Ability to implement process improvements that protect the organisation in an efficient way.
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy and fully supportive of company values
- Strong Excel skills, with experience in ERP systems. Previous use of PeopleSoft, TM1 or iScala would be highly advantageous.
- Some travel may be required.
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Work in an architectural award winning office
● Build and cultivate new relationships in Finance