You are here
Finance Director / Back-Office Manager (Finance, HR and GA)
- Opportunity to recharge back office operations
- Support changes of their business direction in Japan
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturer of fashion apparel for casual wear. The Company is present in approximately 100 countries worldwide with network of over 5,000 stores.
- Responsible for daily posting of financial transaction entries into system in compliance with accounting standards and internal accounting and company policies.
- Liaison with Regional Finance regarding all financial activities and matters.
- Liaison with external accounting and tax reporting service providers to support and assist with: the preparation of monthly financial statements, the preparation of required statutory Japanese tax filings, the execution of daily bank account transactions, other work as required by the business.
- Preparation of monthly business financial statements and management reports, including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Forecasting, annual revenue and expense budget, sales forecasting, and internal management reporting.
- Support the Japan Managing Director in achievement of business objectives by providing ad hoc and project financial analysis and recommendations, review of business unit monthly financial results, and other financial as required by local and corporate financial
The Successful Applicant
- Strong accounting experience, experience with budgeting and planning is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in managing back office functions such as HR or GA is preferred
- Strong knowledge of local Japanese statutory accounting standards and tax regulations with familiarity of IFRS accounting rules.
- Strong in analytical and problem solving skills, and strong business acumen
- Able to work well and communicate with local business stake holders, regional Finance Associates and members corporate finance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in Japanese.
- Working knowledge and ability with English.
- Multi-tasking, detail-oriented, well-organized, and time-management skills
What's on Offer
Finance Director will be a member of the executive management team, and will not only provide strong direction with hands-on approach to his direct reports, but also offer inside into benefits and risk of business decision from financial stand point to the board of directors.