You are here
Finance & Administration Manager - Growing Start-Up Company
- Opportunity to set up accounting process in Japan
- Role will collaborate with other countries in the region
About Our Client
Our client is a European retailor, with products sold in over 40 countries. The company was officially established in Japan over 5 years ago and is growing rapidly. Japan is the center of Asian operations. Finance & Administration Manager will manage not only Japan, but also cover extended responsibilities into other Asian countries such as China or Korea.
- Maintain accounts systems and / or accounts balance statements including sub-ledgers (sales, inventory, fixed assets/vending machines, accounts receivable and accounts payable, etc.) in accordance with IFRS.
- Perform accounts closing, prepare IFRS accounts, submit data and reports with meaningful variance analysis to HQ in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support local management team to make strong business decisions based on the financial data.
- Challenge accounting processes to identify areas for improvement, both from a quality, internal control and efficiency point of view, and recommend changes whenever deemed appropriate.
- Process transactions in accordance with Principles & Practices, internal procedures and SOX key controls
- Participate in special projects in line with business requirements; Report to the Manager Accounting of complex subjects related to the function.
The Successful Applicant
- Native level Japanese and strong fluency in English
- Strong experience on overall finance and accounting including closing and tax
- US CPA equivalent knowledge
- IFRS experience would be highly regarded, but not a must.
- Working experience at accounting firm Big 4 and a large-sized multinational organization is welcome
What's on Offer
Finance & Administration Manager will provide strong foundation to make sound financial decisions to the management team, and partner with key stakeholders in Japan, Asia and HQ.