You are here
- Global financial services firm looking to hire Equity Controller
- Support Tokyo Equity trading desk on all areas with impact to firm's financials
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from offices all over the world. The company provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of the company culture. The role is in the financial control team which is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. The team prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. The company is looking for a manager level Equity Product Controller.
1. Tokyo Equity product controller
Support Tokyo Equity trading desk on all areas with impact to firm's financials
- Produce p/l reports, provide market and p/l commentaries to senior management
- Review balance sheet reports and provide analytical information to the trading desk
- Assist the trading desk on new product set up by coordinating with other groups such as Valuation risk group, Operations, IT, Regulatory controllers, Market risk department etc.
- Assist in trading desk and other divisions' requests for relevant information
2. Involvement in regional / global projects in relation to product controller functions
- UAT / Impact analysis
- Implementation of process change
The Successful Applicant
- Strong motivation to learn and understand desk's business.
- Strong problem solving skills
- CPA preferable but not necessary
- Microsoft Excel knowledge - end user level visual basics preferred.
- Eye for detail, with an ability to interpret large amounts of data
- Work and communicate effectively with trading desk, other location team members.
- Be a team player
- Be flexible and self motivated
- Have ownership mentality
- Product control experience, either Equity or Fixed Income preferable
What's on Offer
● Gain experience in a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
● Build and cultivate new relationships in Finance