You are here
Employee Relations Consultant
- Employee Relations Consultant - Healthcare
- American Organization
About Our Client
The client is an American multinational corporation focusing on healthcare which has been in operation for over 100 years. They have over 200 subsidiary companies and operate in over 170 countries worldwide.
Acts as the primary support person for people managers providing direct intervention and "hands on support" in resolving employee and performance related issues.
Provides day-to-day support, advice and counsel to business leaders and people managers on all labor and employee relations' matters including contract interpretation, grievance resolution, discipline management and other related labor and employment matters. Interprets Collective Bargaining Agreements, relevant Industrial Awards, policies, and rules.
Deploys a consistent and objective approach to resolve employee issues.
Conducts investigations for workplace relations issues, external tribunal matters, and Hotline complaints, providing written investigation summaries. Drafts responses under the direction of the Employee Relations Manager and in collaboration with the Law Department.
Participates in developing and implementing solutions during and after periods of change (e.g. acquisition, internal growth, restructuring, downsizings) eg. provides customer facing support to business leaders and people managers during organisation re-structures especially in relation to working through impacts, consultation processes, scripts, documentation and other requirements.
Provide group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, problem solving and performance management. Develop and deliver employee relations training, including people manager and employee training on EEO, harassment, bullying, appropriate workplace behaviours and other requirements.
Supports the design, development, and implementation of proactive Employee Relations practices and policies for all locations, union and non-union employee populations building organizational capability across all people managers.
Regularly audit internal workforce practices, including contractor management, to ensure compliance
The Successful Applicant
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable labor & employment laws and regulations are required.
* Experience with conflict resolution, and dispute resolution programs is required. Prior experience in conducting investigations of workplace issues required.
* Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate and influence is required.
* Must have experience and a strong proven track record of success in both union and non-union environments in the following areas: labor contract negotiations, preparation for labor arbitration, experience in providing day-to-day advice and counsel on various labor and employment activities. Experience in managing labor and employee relations elements of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and organizational restructurings is also preferred.
* Must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of applicable Japanese labor and employment laws and regulations at state and national level and a good understanding of relevant associated laws including privacy laws.
* A working knowledge of various types of employee benefit and compensation plans.
* The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute on a strategy. Will have strong analytical skills, results oriented, and strong business acumen. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships.
* Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills required.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to work in a international culture within an American organization. The company has a great track record of developing talent and providing employees with a good career path. There will also be significant opportunity to use English in this role.