You are here
- First Development team position in Japan
- Lots of flexiblity with what you and your team develop
About Our Client
Our client is a pre-IPO cloud security company who holds the number 1 share in the US market for consumer security.
Their state of the art security systems provides the best cyber security in the market and allowed them to blow past competitors in number of users and security threats.
They have come to Japan to provide the same level security for the Japanese and Asian market, as well as build a development team to build global products.
They are looking for a driven individual who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and loves working with highly innovative technology teams. You must possess a strong hands-on technical background in software development, and a desire to lead engineers in software development. We work in a variety of languages, platforms, and client and server methodologies. You must be able to manage and develop mobile apps for Android and/or iOS platforms. You will work closely with other Development Managers, Directors, and the Office of the CTO to collaborate on building out our architecture platform for products. They uses an Agile (Scrum) development methodology, and you will work with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to drive day to day development for the development team.
* Develop architecture and product for threat intelligence products / services in the enterprise and OEM segments
* Lead a team of software engineers of varied experience who can benefit from your expertise, drive and enthusiasm
* Develop high performance applications. Operate in a cost-aware environment to create profitable products.
* Champion internal standards such as code documentation, unit testing, continuous release, software reliability, build automation, and software configuration management to create and improve repeatable processes.
* Help engineers solve technical problems to meet deadlines and keep product deliveries on track.
* Foster innovation in the group by championing developer events such as hackathons and developer expos to showcase ideas.
* Collaborate with other teams and leaders in our widely distributed development centers.
* Collaborate with product management, sales and marketing to understand product requirements from a user - centered point of view.
* In addition to general people management responsibilities, must be able to provide hands on experience and using technical skills around the following:
o Design and build advanced applications for Android and iOS platforms communicating with servers
o Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
o Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
o Work on bug fixing and improving application performance, maintenance
o Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
The Successful Applicant
* 2-5 years of software development team management experience.
* Strong experience in mobile development (iOS or Android)
* Knowledge of tools: source control (Perforce/GIT), agile technologies (Rally/Scrum)
* Experience with WebKit, security applications, secure communications
* Experience with databases
* Experience in the cyber security space also very helpful.
* Some domestic and international travel required to coordinate developers and plans.
* Fluency in English and at least Business level Japanese is ideal.
What's on Offer
Salary: 10-15M depending on the candidate (more is possible)