You are here
- Exciting Data Analyst role!
- Good work-life balance!
About Our Client
Our client, a leading financial services firm is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join their team that deals with the implementation and management of ledgers, financial risk management, collateral and cash management, and regulatory reporting systems.
The role includes key participation in implementing treasury related systems with focus on liquidity portfolio management.
Specific tasks for this role, based on experience and ability, may include a combination of:
- Interfacing with stakeholders both domestically and internationally, on business requirements and documenting them on a timely basis
- Acting as or supporting Project Managers to ensure project delivery as per program schedules; determining and reporting delivery milestones
- Assessing upstream and downstream impacts of system changes and determining new options for these systems
- Plan and manage testing of system implementations by acting as accountable owner for creating and managing test cases, and representing the team for test cycle reviews such as for SIT/End to End/UAT, while serving as point for user communications
- Collaboration with partner technology departments such as front and middle office, settlement systems, reference data, infrastructure, and other core IT counterparts
- Fulfill Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology as part of project execution
- Support change management, change analysis, and front to back coordination
- Proactively support ongoing analysis of graphical user interfaces and functional specifications for in-scope applications with the objective to recommend and contribute to ongoing improvements
- Proactively support ongoing analysis of reference data integration with and impact on in-scope applications with the objective to recommend and contribute to ongoing improvements of remediation strategies
The Successful Applicant
- Fluent in English and Japanese (Mandatory)
- Strong oral and written communications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record in project management/delivery
- Have experience in accounting and especially system integration as PMO and analysis
- Experience in dealing with securities trading environment products such as equities, fixed income, and derivatives products
- Self-starting with ability to initiate with the business, analyze, and document independently with minimal support
- Understanding of trade, settlement, and other back office flow life cycle
- Experience in managing system testing, including planning and review cycles
- Strong ability to correlate business process with technology solutions to best benefit both the business stakeholders and apply to proper technology architecture
- Have fundamental understanding of reference data and how it impacts business requirements
- Ability to understand GUI requirements and evaluate effectiveness and alignment to business requirements
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and fast-paced financial environment
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail
- Experience directly with finance, treasury, tax, and regulatory reporting systems in a financial related industry, including both internal and also external sources such as SWIFT, BOJ, Zengin, etc.
- Understanding of cash management systems
- Understanding of general ledger systems and related concepts
- Development background with experience in general purpose programming languages (C, Java, etc.) and multiple OS environments (Unix/MS)
- Experience in database design, primarily Sybase or SQL Server
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Convenient work location
- Good work-life balance