You are here
Customs Clearance Staff
- -Multiple team management opportunity with scope for growth
- -Stable company with good employee benefits
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's largest integrated international container transportation, logistics and terminal companies with more than 320 offices in 70 countries around the world.
*Customs Clearance Staff will work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
* You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
* Liaising with Customers.
* Allocating the correct license depending on type of goods being imported.
* You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
* This job also requires you to liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine. You will also arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
The Successful Applicant
-Previous experience working in a similar role and industry.
-Strong understanding of the law, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules.
-Excellent communication skills are vital in this role both written and verbally, as you will be required to compile documentation and you must be able to interpret the law on behalf of customers in a clear and simple manner.
What's on Offer
-Multiple team management opportunity with scope for growth
-Stable company with good employee benefits