You are here
Corporate Accounting - U.S. Retailer
- Communication based finance role with strong partnering and global report
- Career progression to Finance Manager expected within 3 years
About Our Client
Our client is an American retailer with over 100 years in the industry. The company markets a variety of products and is considered one of the leaders in their category. The company currently offers their products at over 2,000 points of sale across 70+ countries worldwide.
Accurate and timely financial reporting for Japan GAAP, US GAAP, and/or internal management purposes.
- Provide internally required financial analysis/reporting to management in order to assist their decision making.
- Corroborate with other groups (ie. Shared Service, Treasury)to ensure timeliness and accuracy of any other types of financial reporting as needed.
- Act as a primary contact person for internal/external auditors.
- Identify improvement opportunities in work process and make necessary changes by corroborating with own team and/or other groups.
- Prepare or review journal entries for non-routine, complex, or judgmental areas.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Business preferred)
- USCPA or qualified accounting certificate is a highly valued
- Experience and knowledge of US GAAP and Japanese GAAP
- Hands-on accounting experience of around 5 years required
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Excel (pivot) and Power Point
- ERP experience. SAP experience would be an asset but not essential.
- Intermediate or business level English required. Good command of English in speaking and writing is required.
What's on Offer
- Career growth to Finance Manager
- Growing company with leading brands
- Central Tokyo office
- Attractive starting salary package