You are here
Compliance Officer - Global Financial Institution
- Regulatory compliance role in a leading financial institution
- International work environment with good career prospects
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-national financial services corporation that provides a range of products and services including Charge and Credit Cards, Business Services and Insurance to its corporate and retail customers worldwide.
This position is responsible for supporting various compliance programs in Japan for a dynamic business and its related products in the increasing local and global regulatory environment
* Developing compliance policies and procedures, training and testing schedule
* Completing timely and appropriately policy & procedure reviews pursuant to regulatory changes and review schedule
* Reviewing controls and assessing information provided by the lines of business when necessary to determine if practices adhere to applicable laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
* Discussing identified gaps with business stakeholders and presenting solutions in an effective manner
The Successful Applicant
* Compliance experience or other directly related experience gained within the financial services industry in Japan
* Oral and written communication skills in Japanese and English
* Strong understanding of business processes (including technology infrastructure and systems) and relevant internal controls in a highly-complex technology environment
* Ability to investigate detail processes, analyse compliance / control gaps and propose solutions to remediate or improve operational effectiveness
* Ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with key business stakeholders, control functions, and compliance partners globally
* Excellent project management skills
* Ability to manage concurrent project tasks, timeline, priorities and supporting execution against the established plan without detailed guidance.
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to join a leading multi-national financial services company and work with senior management both locally and internationally. The company provides an international work environment with a competitive market salary and good work life balance.