You are here
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
About Our Client
Our client's working culture is a mix of working hard, having fun and trying to do the impossible. They have a flat organization structure and welcome the opinions and insights from people all levels. In terms of remuneration they offer a competitive salary, chill-out rooms, full benefits and company stock.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
· Own demand generation analytics and reporting which includes proposing, driving creation of and managing metrics and analyses that monitor and improve marketing effectiveness.
· Develop and execute standardized reporting and analysis to improve customer behavior knowledge. Retrieve and analyze complex and large data sets to provide insights on customer life cycle and customer engagement. Analyze historical data to identify significant trends and drivers.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis.
· Perform comprehensive analysis to support ad-hoc reporting requests.
· Develop and maintain predictive models for customer attrition and upsell.
· Develop A/B test scenarios and monitor results of customer engagement initiatives. Propose recommendations based on the analysis of those results.
The Successful Applicant
· Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or any other quantitative field;
· 5+ years professional experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or a Data Science role preferably in an e-commerce or retail company with large, complex data sources.
· Advanced SQL writing skills, solid experience with Excel and
· Must be passionate about data analytics and have a natural curiosity and ability to dive deep into large datasets uncovering insights and presenting relevant findings to business partners
· Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of our BI platforms, database schemas, ETL's, and business logic with an ability to apply critical thinking skills towards gathering and analyzing data
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required as you will draft narratives outlining your findings, explaining variances against goals, and present these finding in a review forum
· Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to crate appropriate action plans for those goals
· Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
· Meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering quality bar
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
· Fluent use of spoken and written Japanese and English required
· Passion for Music preferred
What's on Offer
Annual salary of up to 10 million yen (depending on skill and experience)
Career path of moving into management, project management, development or other departments within the company.
Company stock grants