You are here
Business Intelligence Analyst - Online Music Service Provider
- You will be a starting member for their new Online Music business
- Opportunity to make an impact on the business with creative ideas
About Our Client
This company is an Online company that provides numerous online services to both consumers and enterprise companies. They are known for their innovative services and technology, and have been regarded as one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" by Forbes magazine. Within their services, this position will belong to their new Online Music Services group as a Business Intelligence Analyst that will be an integral part of a local and global team focused on providing high quality music content to customers. This team is now setting its sights on growing the service exponentially by working closely with local and international labels, artist management agencies, and other content providers, as well as continuing to engage more consumers towards their music streaming service.
* Own demand generation analytics and reporting which includes proposing, driving creation of and managing metrics and analyses that monitor and improve marketing effectiveness.
* Develop and execute standardized reporting and analysis to improve customer behavior knowledge. Retrieve and analyze complex and large data sets to provide insights on customer life cycle and customer engagement. Analyze historical data to identify significant trends and drivers.
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis.
* Perform comprehensive analysis to support ad-hoc reporting requests.
* Develop and maintain predictive models for customer attrition and upsell.
* Develop A/B test scenarios and monitor results of customer engagement initiatives. Propose recommendations based on the analysis of those results.
* Provide support for new functionalities and product launches within the Digital Music Entertainment ecosystem. Assist in the definition and delivery of a marketing strategy for these new releases.
* Work closely with the US Digital Music BI team
The Successful Applicant
* Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or any other quantitative field;
* 5+ years professional experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or a Data Science role preferably in an e-commerce or retail company with large, complex data sources.
* Advanced SQL writing skills, solid experience with Excel
* Must be passionate about data analytics and have a natural curiosity and ability to dive deep into large datasets uncovering insights and presenting relevant findings to business partners
* Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of our BI platforms, database schemas, ETL's, and business logic with an ability to apply critical thinking skills towards gathering and analyzing data
* Fluent use of spoken and written Japanese and English required
What's on Offer
* Annual Salary: Up to 9.5m
* Location: Central Tokyo Location
* One of the starting members in their new online music business, you will have the opportunity to give creative ideas that will influence the business