You are here
This position is now filled
Business Development Manager
- Working with global team in multi-national company
- Business Develoment in fast growing industry
About Our Client
Our client is an Europe based multi-national company in Electronics, Healthcare, Consumer lifestyle, and Lighting field.
They have been selling their products all over the world and, are having business in Japan over 50 years.
In Japan, they are known as mainly electronics company, also has a big presence in each field.
Multi-national company leading lighting business is looking for Business Development Manager for Horticulture business.
You are responsible for developing new business: establish direct contact to growers, growing
companies and their partners and building and maintaining a network with investors, government,
universities and of complementary partners. Your primary focus in the beginning is indoor
production of leafy vegetables, herbs, soft fruit and tomato in city farms and modern greenhouses.
This scope can be extended over time.
You lead the business development and sales activities in Japan into growth. You work closely with
the Sales organization in Japan and with the Global team for Horticulture LED solutions.
Your core responsibility is inspire to win and lead the team in close cooperation with
the internal team into a leading position in Japan. You report to the Director Horticulture Japan.
The Successful Applicant
- HBP or University, preferable a technical and business sciences master degree
- 3-6 years of relevant sales experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience in sales/customer relation management, project management, and in setting-up professional key account
management processes and way of working, including account strategies & tactics and top-2-top reviews.
- Experience in building partner networks with external companies of various sizes and areas of expertise.
- Proven track record in closing complex deals.
- Pro-active, self-starter, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Team player and Customer service minded.
- High problem solving ability
- Pragmatic & Hands-on mentality
- Experience in horticulture environment is preferred but not required.
- Fluent in Japanese and English(spoken and written)
What's on Offer
Salary - Negotiable ( JPY 8M - 12M)
Work Location - Tokyo, Japan