You are here
Assistant Sales Manager - Global alcohol company
- The opportunity to work with global premium brands within wine.
- Fast career growth for dynanic and ambitious candidates.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest producers and distributors of wine in the world, employing over 4,000 people worldwide and with a combined revenue of over $1.5 billion. They are responsible for some of the most well-known premium brands in the market.
They are now looking to add to their team in Japan to continue their rapid expansion.
* Responsible for overachieving sales channel targets.
* Continuously opening new key accounts to grow distribution, brand awareness and depletion's across portfolio.
* Work closely with Marketing to make investment and support decisions for partners that will deliver total business objectives.
* Always represent the company in a professional manner and with integrity
* Adopt a flexible approach to change, implementing new ways of doing things quickly and effectively
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor Degree. Business, Commerce, or Marketing preferred
* Wine Accreditation (WSET, JSA etc) preferred but not required
* Trade / Liquor knowledge - in particular wine industry experience will be highly regarded.
* Experience in dealing with a demanding customer base
* Understanding of Japan wholesale and retail sales and distribution network.
* Existing relationships with wholesalers and key accounts.
* Strong strategic planning skills in order to develop initiatives (sales drivers) to achieve targeted results
* Effective negotiation skills including researching and being clear of the needs of the key stakeholders in the negotiation, and then effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all stakeholders acceptance.
* Experience in negotiating business agreements.
* Capability to overcome customers objections and consistently gain advantage over the competition through superior business proposals and strong persuasive selling skills.
What's on Offer
To join a thriving business in Japan, working with key retail clients to ensure strong sales growth.