You are here
Assistant Manager – AML / KYC (Japan team)
- Exposure in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding opportunities for continuous professional development
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top tier fund custodian services global provider, they are currently building up a strong KYC team for the anti-money laundering function of the Asia region for the group. This role will lead a team which specifically supports Japanese fund market.
- To have a good understanding of the KYCS / international AML Policy, Line of Business procedures and Template guidance documents,
- To keep themselves updated on the latest procedural / policy changes and work with the Policy team seeking clarifications on the relevant Policy,
- Being up to date with Policy & Procedure changes,
- To maintain core standards of behavior at all times.
- Provide timely, high quality and flexible client identification for clients wishing to do business with the group
- Supporting AML requirements for Global Banking & Markets and Commercial Banking for customers, across multiple business lines, ensuring AML Regulations and the group’s policies and procedures are fully implemented,
- Ability to support new joiners by designing and delivering training for Production teams and buddy training for new SMEs
- Assist with other project requirements as directed by KYCS Management,
- Respond efficiently to other “ad hoc” requests for assistance from business and KYCS.
- To adhere to all audit requirements including but not limited to Declaration of Secrecy / Data Protection Act / Health Safety and Security / Clear Desk Policy / Process Specific Audit requirements / Compliance Requirements,
- Understand and comply with internal control standards with no breaches of regulatory requirements complete,
- Understand and demonstrate intelligent use of system tools and procedures, Proactive highlighting of audit and compliance issues to the management team. Ensure that all existing audit recommendations within their remit are closed out
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor and above with economics, finance, or law major.
Profound knowledge on compliance, internal control, risk control or AML functions in financial industry.
As a newly set-up team, there are adequate openings a different levels; thus candidates of different career levels are welcomed!
Ideally the candidate should be from financial services background, yet audit candidates from Big-4 firms are also welcomed.
Language: good master of both Japanese and English is a must; Chinese Mandarin / Cantonese proficiency is not necessary but nice to have.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits + opportunity to work in a large financial institution + dynamic and international working environment; Great chance and platform to get China exposure for those who would like to relocate from oversea!