You are here
Asia Financial Controller / Head of Accounting (10 Staff)
- Drive BPR projects across Asian countries
- Strategic role to support changes within finance organization
About Our Client
Our client is a global health and life-science company with strong presence in the marketplace. The company underwent a reform in order to streamline and make their global operations more efficient, and made a decision to centralise their financial operations in Japan. All strategic key positions within finance will be based in Tokyo, and will not only cover initiatives for Japan, but also drive projects for other countries including Indonesia, Korea, Thailand, etc.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are reported in Asian countries.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure all financial reporting submission deadlines are met.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Consolidate and analyze accounting data across Asian countries and produce periodical financial reports or ad-hoc reports on as-needed basis
- Establish and validate standard operating procedures to be implemented in Asia
- Design and document new processes and obtain organizational feedback
- Define transfer prices for affiliate transactions with other business units
- Partner with Country Finance team in driving ad-hoc business projects
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge of general accounting, managerial and cost accounting within a management role
- Solid team and organization management experience including team development and training
- Strong project management skills including ERP implementation, outsourcing, business process improvement, etc.
- Fluency in English to communicate with overseas.
- CPA or equivalent knowledge in overall accounting and finance practices
What's on Offer
This role will be a strategic business partner which will work closely with the key business partners, and support the company to drive multiple initiatives to centralize and improve the financial operations.
Some of the projects / initiatives will be:
- Standardization of the accounting process in Japan, support to introduce same process to other Asian countries
- Implementation of the standard ERP system
- Create a united organization and establish strong communication channels across Asia