You are here
Application Support Specialist
- Exciting Application Support role!
- Leading financial services firm!
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services group and investment bank with worldwide reach.
Typical work would include:
* Provide application and user support for all Cash and Fixed income Middle Office applications
* Interact with technology teams both up an down the platform stack and to ensure a high quality of service to the users, dealing promptly and effectively with any issues that might arise
* Working according to the Follow-The-Sun model mainly to provide technical support for APAC users
* Daily interaction with the operations team
* Handling user queries
* Management of incoming and outgoing feeds to clients and vendors
* Identification and management of problems and frequent issues with the aim of improving the supportability and stability of the platform (in conjunction with the development team)
* Batch and system management
* Working successfully with business and technology areas from across the bank
* Depending on the project, occasional night shifts and weekend work may be required (rotation-basis)
The Successful Applicant
* Strong SQL (Sybase or UDB)
* UNIX shell
* Knowledge of English and Japanese languages
* Experience with job scheduling tools (ideally Autosys)
* TIBCO Middleware knowledge would be beneficial
* FIX protocol would be a big plus
What's on Offer
* Exciting chance to work on several projects!
* Leading financial services firm!