You are here
This position is now filled
Application Development Manager
- US firm, one of the largest IT companies in the world
- Opportunity to develop with the latest cutting edge technologies
About Our Client
Our client for this position is a US-headquartered technology firm which provides solutions to the telecommunications and insurance industries. Their products are utilized by more than 280 million end users worldwide, and in Japan alone they have more than 50 million customers. It is a company which uses cutting edge technologies and the latest methodologies to deliver superior systems and user experiences. They are investing heavily into keeping their market leading position, including by further utilizing Big Data analytics to further enhance their offerings. The Japan office is a very globalized environment, with staff from all over the world and working with multiple off-shore teams.
* Technical Management Team: Manage a team of software engineers to deliver new solutions for Japanese customers.
* Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
* Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
* Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development coding best practices
* Cutting Edge Technology Exposure: We use cutting edge technologies best of the market including open source platforms.
* Innovation: Innovate ideas to create new product solutions or to add value to existing product offerings using latest technologies.
* Implement mobile solutions using Java and AWS technologies.
* Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables.
The Successful Applicant
* Total 10+ experience on IT application development.
* At least 5 years' experience on application development using mobile and cloud technologies platforms.
* Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
* Broad expertise in Java technologies, including Servlets and Servlet containers, JDBC, JMS, Java8 and modern tools to build RESTful web services
* Experience on Building, Configuring, deploying and maintain applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Experience working on content management systems and notification services from the server.
* A passion for keeping the front-end lean and fast, while ensuring that all features are a pleasure to use.
* Superior communication skills, and the ability to exhibit a presence when necessary
* A solid understanding of Agile best practices and tools
* A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
* Native level Japanese with strong English command to work with global teams.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits, with great career progression potential.