You are here
Accounting Manager - Review and Improve Existing Process
- Step-up opportunity to the CFO
- Opportunity to re-design existing accounting process
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest pharmaceutical company globally. It has a big range of product lines in Japan and with a strong pipeline in place. Globally it has a strong revenue of near USD 20 billion and more than 15,000 employees. Their Internal Audit team is young and dynamic. With frequent field work across APAC, annual training in the US and Europe. It also offers a great career potential both in IA team as well as to its big Central Finance team.
- Consolidation of financial accounts to report an accurate financial position to global management.
- Maintain reconciliations between financial systems and figures reported in management reports.
- Manage the audit process to ensure company fulfils its accounting obligations.
- Prepare all statutory accounts as required by local tax and other authorities.
- Be responsible for the prompt and accurate invoicing and collection of sales revenues
- Be responsible for the accurate handling of accounts payable and the accurate preparation of management information reports from the accounts payable ledger.
- Responsible for daily operational and administrative duties
- Be responsible for credit control processes to ensure the prompt collection of debt.
- Maintain relations with external and internal stakeholders including auditors, consultants such as tax, pension and payroll consultants, etc.
- Manage the team ensuring that the most timely and accurate information possible is provided with the resources available.
- Contribute to development of finance systems to increase the effectiveness of the accounting
The Successful Applicant
- CPA qualification with a strong track record of success in a senior finance role
- Broad accounting knowledge across all relevant areas including closing process, taxation, consolidation, etc.
- Sound understanding of ERP systems and accounting controls
- Ability to business partner with operations
- Capability to manage a range of business critical projects and provide commercial input to the leadership team
What's on Offer
This role will have a chance to step up to the CFO position in the future.
For this role the company is looking for someone proactive, who can help the President bring more transparency into accounting process and help him to make crucial decisions for the business.