You are here
Accounting Manager for Global Retail Business
- Hands-on approach in management and daily operations
- Develop strong business partnering connections
About Our Client
Our client is a well known retail company specializing in appliances. The company had well over USD 2 billion in revenue and employs over 15,000 people globally.
-Responsible for corporate accounting, cash and working capital management, taxation, month-end closings
-Develop procedures to ensure internal control is in place
-Liaise with external auditor and tax firm.
-Work closely with the management accounting to produce accurate analysis of the financial data for strategic decision making and forecast preparation purpose
-Work closely with IT team to ensure that financial process and reports are produced accurately and efficiently
-Join cross-departmental projects and assist the team in the financial viewpoint
-Supervise and develop the accounting team
The Successful Applicant
- Strong English communication skills, ability to read and write complex financial documents in Japanese
- Strong experience and technical skills on overall accounting operations, especially in corporate and consumption tax
- CPA or equivalent qualification would be highly regarded but is not a must
- Strong leadership skills including experience managing a team of at least 2 people
- Extensive experience with Excel and ERP systems
What's on Offer
This position will cover financial accounting and manage people in accounting function. The main focus of the role will be process improvement for the accounting and finance operations. The company is specifically looking for a manager who will be able to develop strong business partnering connections with other business units, and support the managers with the decisions making process.